140 سؤال في الانجليزية

1) Choose the correct answer from a, b, c, or d:
1- People learn English for different (results - reasons – ways – advice).
2- You shouldn’t be afraid of (doing – taking – making – baking) mistakes.
3- You can (contact – communicate – telephone – e-mails) with people in other countries on the internet.
4- Ahmed is reading his favourite magazine. He (is reading – read – reading – reads) the same magazine every week.
5- I (go – going – am going – has gone) to Alexandria next week.
6- He got up early, (however – whatever – although – because) he missed the bus.
7- Ali is short, (although – but – because – so) he plays basketball.
8- That boy is waiting (to – of – on - for) his father.
9- In busy streets you should walk on the (middle – front – pavement – shops).
10- People who can’t walk use (bicycles – wheels – chairs – wheelchairs).
11- "Can I go to the shops with you, mum?" – " I'd rather you (don’t – can’t – didn’t – aren’t).
12- I'd rather (have – to have – having – had) a cup of tea.
13- I'd rather live in the city (to – than – that – if) the country.
14- Would you (prefer – like – mind – rather) have good health or have a lot of money?
15- Could I (open – opening – opens – opened) the window, please?
16- You can’t leave your car in a place where there’s a "No Parking" (signal – sign – advertisement – scene).
17- My brother (buying – was buying – was bought – bought) a new car last year.
18- My mother was cooking when the telephone (rang – ring – rings – was ringing).
19- My friend Ali is ill. I hope he will (did – do – go – get) better soon.
20- The swimmer who will finish first will win a (modal – medal – model – middle) for his country.
21- While my sister was going to school, she (met – meet – meets – was meeting) her friend.
22- I (finish – was finishing – finished – finishes) my homework two hours ago.
23- (Gorilla – Giraffes – Goats – Grass) are terrifying animals that look like monkeys.
24- Dangerous animals in the zoo are kept in (houses – cages – caves – cafes).
25- She fell asleep (when – during – while – as) the film.
26- To make a polite (reader – request – restaurant – rope), you should always say "please".
27- He didn’t (travelling – travel – travelled – travels) anywhere last year.
28- What (were you doing – have you done – are you doing – do you do) at nine o’clock last night?
29- A (sailor – customer – patient – fisherman) is someone who buys things from a shop.
30- The goods we sell to other countries are called our (imports – exports – experts – customers).
31- A (sailor – customer – patient – fisherman) is a man whose job is to catch fish.
32- When countries buy goods from other countries, these goods are called (imports – exports – experts – customers).
33-A (year – country – century – centre) is a period of 100 years.
34- Hany sits next to me in class. He is my (teacher – classroom – classmate – class work).
35- When the ship (built – repaired – sailed – sank) a lot of people were killed.
36- My father has been at (swim - a conference – game – walk) in Aswan. He met many famous doctors like him there.
37- Students (make – teach – do – say) a lot of interesting activities at school.
38- I'm sorry, I (don’t finish – won’t finish – haven’t finish – didn’t finish) my homework yet.
39- My uncle (is – was – has – has been) ill since last week.
40- She has been here (already – since – for – ago) eight o’clock.
41- She has lived in Tanta (since – in – for – ago) 10 years.
42- A lot of things have changed in Egypt (for – since – ago – yet) 1952.
43- I haven’t done the experiment (just – since – ago – yet).
44- How about (go – went – gone – going) to the cinema?
45- Why don’t we (visit – visited – visiting – visits) our grandmother tonight?
46- Let’s (play – playing – played – plays) tennis.
47- What about (watch – watched – watches – watching) a video.
48- I'm not keen (at – in – on – of) watching films?
49- "Why don’t we go swimming?" – Yes, Great (matter – ideal – idea – idiom)"!
50- I don’t really (feeling – feels – felt – feel) like that.
51- A (pilot – policeman – seller – sailor) is someone who travels and works at sea.
52- We haven’t eaten fish (for – ago – since – yet) we were in Alexandria.
53- "Have you ever been to Cairo, Ali?" – "Yes, I (am – have been – was – been) there three weeks ago."
54- What’s the (late – latest – later – lately) news about the accident?
55- Samy has (washed – been – washing – been washing) his car for an hour. He is using too much water.
56- "My sister has had a baby." "(Unfortunately – Oh, dear – Congratulate – Congratulations)!" that’s good news.
57- This is my (favour – favourite – likes – interest) story.
58- He is usually (interest – interests – interesting – interested) in reading historical books.
59- Let’s talk about all your (favourites – likes – favour – interesting) today.
60- My father (runs – favourites – finds – uses) a big company in Alexandria.
61- Please tell us what your (interest – interests – interesting – interested) are.
62- What is the reason (of – for – in – on) starting that website?
63- Some people aren’t interested (for – on – of – in) using computers.
64- I (study – studied – have been studying – am studying) all day long, so I'll have some rest.
65- She is lazy, (despite – as well – however – although) her friends like her.
66- She is polite (but – however – in addition to – despite) being beautiful.
67- (Although – Despite – In addition – However) the sky being cloudy, it didn’t rain.
68- This man is rich, (however – despite – and – as well) he isn’t happy.
69- We’re clever. Our parents are clever (however – despite – and – as well).
70- It was raining, (and – so – although – because) we stayed at home.
71- My father is happy to retire (but – however – despite – although) his work is important.
72- He couldn’t go to his office (because – so – although – too) he was very ill.
73- We have got some cake. We have got some fruit, (well as – but – too – however).
74- Could you help me with my maths homework? This lesson is (easy – complex – simple – safe).
75- Complex means (simple – safe – cheap – not simple).
76- Farmers use (fertile – crops – fertilisers – sand) to help food grow.
77- Fertile means produce good (crops – energy – cars – projects).
78- I stood up (but – in addition – too – and) left the place.
79- He didn’t go to bed (although – however – despite – but) being tired.
80- (Despite – However – Although – But) I like Cairo, I don’t like to live there.
81- My sister studied hard. (In addition – On the other hand – Although – So), she got low marks.
82- I saved the child. (On the other hand – Despite – However – In addition), I took him home.
83- My grandfather is still working hard (and – but – although – however) he is over seventy.
84- We’re going to the cinema (as well – well as – as well as – well).
85- He ate two sandwiches, (in addition – although – despite – but) he’s still hungry.
86- Computers, CD players, radios and TVs are electronic (government – environment – equipment – hobbies).
87- (Safe – Poor – Glorious – Serious) means beautiful.
88- (Although – However – Despite – Because) his illness, he went to school.
89- (If – Although – Because – In addition) Amal had broken the glasses, her mother wasn’t angry.
90- (Although – However – Despite – Because) getting up early, I arrived late to school.
91- I borrowed Ali’s dictionary. (Although – However – Despite – Because) I didn’t use it.
92- My friend left the cinema (although – but – because – so) he didn’t like the film.
93- I did my homework (although – and – in addition to – but) helping my mother.
94- Look at the sun! I think it (goes – going – is going – is going to) be hot today.
95- I (would meet – will meet – meeting – met) my uncle at the airport tomorrow.
96- Next year, we (join – would join – will join – joining) the secondary school.
97- He (used – is used – using to – used to) get up late last year.
98- Did she use to (help – helping – helps – helped) her mother with the housework?
99- My father used to smoke, but now he (didn’t – don’t – doesn’t – does).
100- I can’t walk a step (far – in front – further – father). I’m terribly tired

101- A cinema is a place of (learning – government – environment – entertainment).
102- My father’s car travels at 250 km (pair – per – by – bear) hour.
103- Where do you intend (spend – spending – spent – to spend) your holiday?
104- "Ordinary" means (usually – usual – unusual – casual).
105- As soon as I (had finished – has finished – finishes – finishing) my homework, I turned on TV.
106- After (had seen – see – saw – seeing) the accident, I telephoned for help.
107- By the time Ali (arrive – had arrived – arrived – arriving), his uncle had left.
108- Before going on a picnic, we (prepare – had prepared – have prepared – preparing) a lot of food.
109- When I came back to the living room, I found that my sister (switches – has switched – had switched – switched) off TV.
110- After (learns – learning – had learned – was learning) to use the computer, she got a better job.
111- Stop thief! He (grabbed – gave – recovered – borrowed) my bag.
112- By 3 o’clock, the train (left – has left – leaving – had left).
113- She (arrived – arriving – had arrived – arrive) by 7 o’clock.
114- The exam was too long, but I (ran – manager – managed – could) to finish in time.
115- Ahmed’s father is a (teacher – doctor – tailor – mechanic). That’s why he always wears new clothes.
116- My jacket has three big (buttons – bottom – cotton – bottles) in the middle.
117- If I (am – were – is – will be) you, I'd go to sleep now.
118- If you drink too many (easy – fizzy – lazy – busy) drinks, you’ll put on weight quickly.
119- If he comes with me, I (would show – will show – showed – show) him my garden.
120- If Salwa (have – has – had – having) enough money, she’d buy a mobile.
121- If the soldier had been careful, he (would – would have been – wouldn’t have been – will) killed.
122- "A (kick – ticket – goal – penalty)" is a free kick at the goal when the other team makes a mistake near the goal.
123- When the player fell near the other team’s goal, the (captain – referee – goalkeeper – footballer) gave him a penalty.
124- The opposite of "nervous" is (quiet – calm – patient – great).
125- With friends you are free to use (formal – informal – forming – friend) language.
126- When you talk to people who you don’t know, you should use (formal – informal – forming – friend) language.
127- The opposite of "polite" is (road – rude – glad – kind).
128- Smoking is a very bad (hobby – happy – habit – hoping).
130- It is important to show (polite – impolite – politeness – politely) when we speak to people.
131- To be (succeed – successful – success – succeeded) in life, you should work hard.
132- I think drivers who use their horns all the time aren’t (patience – patiently – patient – impatient).
133- He (has been working – have been working – were worked – working) as a project engineer for many years.
134- By the time Dad arrived, Salma (had finished – finishes- finish – finishing) her homework.
135- The thieves had (grabbed - rushed - recovered - smashed) the glass to get in.
137- Can you move that bag? It’s (attacking - blocking - troubling – annoying) the door.
138- (Nervous – Quiet – Confident – Calm) means relaxed and not angry.
139- Magdy (went – did – took – played) part in the race last year.
140- He apologized (of – from – off – for) coming late.

©المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى©